Now is the time!

March 02, 2019

As I woke up this morning I began to ask the Lord what he wanted me to read in his word today and as I opened the his word this scripture particularly has stuck with me all throughout the day.  I have been meditating on it. It was from 2nd Corinthians 6: 1-2. " As Gods fellow workers we urge you not to receive Gods grace in vain. 2. For he says,  " In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. " I tell you, now is the time of Gods favor, now is the day of salvation.
I will tell you why it resonates with me for I am going to share my experience,  strength and hope here. I grew up as a pastors daughter and I was molested by my father and his deacons and elders in the church however since I have gotten saved eleven days ago a seed was planted in my life as I am seeing things from another pair of glasses and my perception is changing on the daily I knew that whatever was going on in my home was not right and there was a missing Ingredient in the equation yet I was too young to know what that was. Consequently I got older and I got into a National prostitution ring and the life of drugs and I got into it for I didn't know better and I turned to drugs and sex to mask the pain. I was not being satisfied with it once it became a very necessary part of my life. I now know why I was not at ease or comfort now for I wasn't craving sex and drugs I was really craving the sense of ease and comfort that only God could give me.  I continued with that lifestyle until the wheels fell off for now I call it the day of divine intervention back in October 24, 2007 I got indicted on drug charges and I was hauled off to jail and I was there for nine months until I was sentenced.  I went to Alcoholics anonymous and I began to hear about God again which I neatly thought I evaded. I still was considering myself a atheist at first yet somehow on down the line I became a agnostic until I became saved eleven days ago on February 20, 2019 at 10:30 am. I had no conception of fear and I took God's grace and mercy for granted for eleven years and I don't know how I have been able to not go back to the life I left all I can say is that I was being covered by the grace of God.  I was at a point not to long ago that I was faced with a serious decision as to where I was going to chose for my destiny and I choose the plan of salvation.  Eleven days ago was my time so I ask you what is it going to take for you to grow up and take responsibility and care for yourself and your day of salvation? For running on grace only goes so far until the time comes to where there's no more for you didn't take heed to what you were to do which was to get saved and honestly seeking God and surrendering and making the right choice. 
Please don't give up five minutes before the miracle happens!
Karla Lee Pierce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Speaks

Reclaiming My Time...

FEAR!!!